Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

*Miikka's Great Adventure*

Well, the truth is, I have no idea what Mikkaa's (our cat) adventure entailed, but I know it lasted about 12 hours. She managed to escape from our yard last night and at 10pm Bruce was wandering the neighbourhood with her harness (when she hears the bell on it she bolts cuz she *hates* her harness) and a flashlight. We went to bed around 11:30 without finding her. I will admit to being worried about her.

I had hoped that she was at the back door meowing for food this morning... but she wasn't. Bruce got dressed and went out looking for her again. I was wondering if we'd ever see her again.

And then, out of nowhere. I was sitting in the basement and out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of a slow moving cat walking past the basement window towards the back yard. I opened the back door and there was my girl, running to her food and water dishes. She ate, drank and is now asleep in her little bed.

I'd love to know what her story from last night is...

I created this card earlier this week for Mojo104. I had seen a picture in my recent flips through magazines and thought that the colours looked good together, so I decided to try them on my card.

Items Used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! So Saffron, Going Grey, Basic Black; Classic Crest white
*Images: Lizzie Anne Say It In Script
*Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
*Tools: Big Shot; Blossom and Circle Nestabilities; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
*
Embellishments: Pebbles Candy Dots
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

  1. If only those cats could tell us their adventures. They always do seem to know where to come back to for food and drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably had something to do with the hot tomcat down the block... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she came home safe and sound! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card, love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)