Pages

Monday, October 02, 2006

*Assembly Line Creativity*

Sometimes, assembly line stamping can be a wonderful thing. I finished the birth announcements for baby Liam today. I did 4 dozen of them for Chuck and Mo to send out. When doing multiples of the same card (which can be boring, but also effective) I prefer to do all of one step before moving on to the next. I seem to think it saves time. It just makes more sense to me.

So, these birth announcements.... I got the inspiration for this card from a card we made at a stamping gathering here in Calgary this past summer (thanks to Susan B for organizing).

The pull tab was printed on the computer. I took the word window punch and put a piece of folded cardstock into the punch so that the fold was just over the half-way mark of the punch to create a stopper for the pull tab so that it won't pull out of the patterned paper. The circle image was punched using different sizes of circle punches... the inside circle was covered with 2-way glue and ultra fine glitter. The inside of the card holds all of the information about Liam's birth.

Mona really wanted green cards... the baby's room is painted in a bright green colour. I just couldn't find any good patterned/scrapbook paper to go with that colour of cardstock, so I did Always Artichoke and So Saffron instead.

These will be in the mail in the morning... I sure hope she loves them!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 4 dozen?! Amazing! I've never seen a card like this... very unique. You did a great job, as usual! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)