Pages

Friday, October 20, 2006

*An Inky Friday Night*

What a chilly day we had today... I'm surprised it didn't snow. We had some rain and some sleet-like stuff. I guess the worst part of it all was the wind. Brrrrrrrr. It was a good night to shut myself in the basement and be creative. I used some ideas from others' blogs tonight to turn out my own creations.

First we have a Joy Fold card, inspired by a post on Cindy's Blog.

I really like how this card opens. I used all Stampin' Up stuff on this card... Whisper White, Bashful Blue and Vintage Violet cardstocks, the new stitched Vintage Violet ribbon, some Hodgepodge Hardware. Inside the card says "Holiday Sparkle". The Holiday comes from the Happy Everything set and Sparkle is from Warm Words.

Next we have a
Peek-A-Boo Card, inspired by a post on Dawn's Blog.

I used that non-traditional colour combination of Certainly Celery, Regal Rose and Cool Caribbean again. I don't know what it is about this combination this year. Bruce doesn't like it much though so I can guarantee that our Christmas Cards won't be done in these colours LOL. I love how this card has "motion" to it. The white window with the snowflake on in when the card is closed changes into the green window with a greeting stamped in it when the card is opened. You can't see it well in my photo, but there are white snowflakes all over the front of the card. I will have to play with this card technique some more for sure!

4 comments:

  1. Great cards, Nancy!! I love your version of the joyfold... nice layout & colors.

    The peekaboo one is cute, too... I'll have to take a closer look to see how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I like the closure on the 1st one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome, Nancy! I am definitely going to have to get me some circle and square punches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are awesoome. Love the folds and colours you chose! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)