Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

*Another Way To Use Google Reader*

If you use Google Reader but hate seeing only partial blog posts when you click on Google Reader, try doing the following:

*log in to Google Reader
*click on Settings found at the top right corner
*click on Goodies
*click and drag the NEXT button onto your bookmark toolbar
*voila!

EDITED: I had the information wrong before

EDITED AGAIN!! I've had a few people with questions with no way to email them.... so I'll post more here....
*when clicking and dragging, be sure to click only once and hold down that mouse button... just clicking on the NEXT button on the Goodies Page will take you the next blog in your list that is unread
*your bookmark toolbar is different in every program you use. If you have your bookmarks listed along the left side of your screen, drag that little button in there. If you access your bookmarks from a pull down menu at the top of the screen, click and drag that button and hover over the bookmarks menu until it opens, then move down and drop the next button into a spot in that menu

Hope that helps!

4 comments:

  1. When I cut and paste this link into my browser it tells me that this web page requires you to sign in. I tried pasting strait from an open google reader page and still got the same thing. I'm not computer literate enough to figure out how to make this work! I LOVE the idea of being able to see the entire posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...you have been tagged!

    http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/04/okim-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to drag the next button but it just kept poppin' up the next unread post and would take me away from Google reader. I don't think I get it.

    Oh, and I love the new look of your blog!!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get it; what's my Bookmark Bar? I am not sure where i'm dragging this "NEXT" to. HElllpp!!

    But thanks for the tip - if I can figure this out, it'd be great. i usually end up just clicking into the blog to read the full posting and that defeats the whole purpose of the reader!!

    Beth (mommy to a busy 3 1/2 year old)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)