Pages

Friday, April 06, 2007

*Ever Make One of Those Cards?*

Have you ever seen a sketch for a card or a layout that you just love and you know you have to try it?

Then you go sit at your craft table and literally, nothing comes to you?

So you sit some more? Play around with a few colour combinations. And then just go for it...

And then the card you end up with is nothing like the dream you had in your head for the design?

Yup, that's this card.

I loved the sketch I saw on Poetic Artistry a while back and I knew I wanted to use it. But I just didn't know where to begin.

I started with the little flower brad in the corner. I promised my girlfriend that I'd use these pretty brads, not let them sit in a drawer for months or more (I have used almost half the box now!).

But my creativity didn't flow in this card (and I think you can tell). My creativity came in fits and starts and to me, the card just isn't all that it can be.

I will be playing with this design again.... when I now my creativity will be working with me instead of against me.

I love the tage I created for the card... thanks to Asela for the idea on using the Giga Scallop Square punch to get this tag that my word window punch fits into so nicely!

items used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Regal Rose
*Ink: Stampin Up! Whisper White
*Images: Stampin' Up!
*Embellishments: Making Memories gold brad, Deja Views flower shaped brad
*Tools: Fiskars Shape Cutter, Paper Piercing Tool, Marvy Giga Square Scalloped Punch, Stampin' Up! Word Window Punch, White Gel Pen

3 comments:

  1. You're card turned out great. Love that tag and the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do gorgeous work! Thank you so much for the gorgeous Blogger's RAK that I got today! I love it! And this card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)