Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2007

*It's SPRING*

Do I dare put that in writing? After the snow from last week, we are experiencing more spring like weather here in Calgary. The snow disappeared from around my tree in the front yard finally (we don't get a lot of sun in the front with a SW-facing backyard) and I investigated yesterday and found the tips of my spring bulbs starting to poke through the ground. Yahoo!

Hopefully this weekend we'll have our friend Grant out to install a natural gas line to the back deck and we'll buy (and put together) the new BBQ I've picked out. We needed a new BBQ. Not only is our old one 10 years old, but it went flying off the deck and into the back garden four times this past winter. We had a lot of wind this winter and our back deck sticks out further than our neighbours so the wind is worse on our deck than others. The drop is only about a foot and a half, but the last time it went down, the BBQ cracked and died. Sniff sniff. So, we've decided to upgrade to a natural gas BBQ, will be re-building the deck this spring as some of the boards are rotting, and we will be securing the new BBQ to the deck in hopes that it won't fly into the garden again. I can't wait to BBQ... sure have missed it!

I was asked to make a dozen cards for some friends of mine about a week ago. They chose 5 cards from my blog that they loved and asked for two of each of those. Then they each needed a baby card.... one gender neutral, one for a girl.

The sweet baby was actually hand-written by me (I know, amazing!! but seriously, my writing is only that neat when I am being very deliberate) and the dotted swirl I did using a black marker and my new Doodle Genie.

I just love this stamp with the little baby bum coming out of the diaper. I'm glad that didn't happen regularly around here when the boys were little... what a mess that would have been. But honestly, my favourite part of a little one is their cute little bums... hope I don't sound sick with that. Some people love feet. Some love baby bellies. I like baby bums! I love it when they are able to stand up with support and the little bum gets dimples in it. So cute!!!

I think I need therapy....

Anyway...

items used
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
*Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up!
*Image: Stampa Rosa
*Tools Used: Signo White gel pen, Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write Marker in Certainly Celery, Sakura Stardust clear gel pen, Marvy Giga Scallop Oval Punch, Marvy Mega Oval Punch, Doodle Genie
*Embellishments: Stampin' Up! sheer white ribbon, Prima flower, Making Memories gold brad

6 comments:

  1. holy crap!! I can't believe that's your hand writing! You should seriously get that made into a stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, Nancy. I like the baby bums too ;0)

    You'll have to show us a pic of the new bbq!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great stamp-its too cute! lovely card Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your handwriting is wonderful-cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nancy,
    I can't believe that's your handwriting either!!!

    I'm with you on the baby love... I love their necks. Nuzzle in for a sniff. And their knees with the roll of fat above them. What's wrong with our society that at my age, that's not considered adorable anymore? *sniff*

    Cute, cute card. Did you take a pic of the baby girl card by any chance? Truly "frame-worthy".

    ReplyDelete
  6. That might be the most adorable stamp I've ever seen! I also love the bums! My toddler has started trying to run around with no diaper and his little butt sticking out of the bottom of his shirts is too cute for words.

    I have to fight with all I have not to take pictures and scrapbook it! (DH insists this will scar him for life)

    Your card is adorable, all your cards are!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)