Pages

Saturday, December 08, 2007

*2008 Calendar Page*

I entered a Calendar Swap again this year.... and asked for a spring month. Most years I do December so I thought it would be a good idea to switch it up. You can see my December page from last year here (I totally LOVE that page still!)

This swap is a lot of fun to do... but a little daunting as well. As a card maker (not a scrapbooker) I find it difficult to put together an 8.5" X 11" page. To enter the swap, I had to agree to make 13 identical pages and have them to our swap host at the end of October, along with some money to pay for binding. She then put the pages together with the grid pages, got them coil bound at Michaels and returned them to us using the self-addressed stamped envelope we provided.

I started my page with a piece of black cardstock stamped with white Craft ink using the swirl from Baroque Motifs. I stamped some flowers (Stampin' Up! and A*Muse) in black and Purely Pomegranate on a slightly smaller than half sheet of white cardstock, then layered that onto a piece of Purely Pomegranate. I also stamped the swirl in white on Purely Pomegranate and punched it with my Marvy Giga Scallop Circle Punch. Then a Marvy Mega Scallop Circle Punch in black and a Prima Flower in the centre.

I hope that the other ladies in the swap are as pleased with this page as I was.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great page, Nancy! Have you made up any cards that match this one...you should!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great swap!! You did a super job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, the other girls will be so happy, I'm sure! Love the colours, layout and stamps! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)