Pages

Monday, January 07, 2008

*Back To The Routine*

I know I'm not the only one out there who finds that breaks from the regular routine go by too fast... vacations, holidays, weekends.... It doesn't seem possible that the 2 weeks we had off over Christmas are over. But then again, it does feel like Christmas is a lot further in the past than it really is.

Strange how my mind works when it comes to time.

I managed to get some good stamping time yesterday.... there are now a total of 6 cards made in 2008 to share with everyone! Woo hoo! Wouldn't be cool if I could do 365 cards this year? Ya, I doubt it since last year was under 200. But I am aiming to have more than last year.

This isn't one of the cards I made yesterday... I made it last week. I had seen so many blogs using this Level 3 SU! Hostess Set that I had to finally cut mine out and start playing with it. This was a set that SU! sent all of it's demonstrators as a thank you for all we do. Cool, eh? The only thing that wasn't cool was that they sent it when I was in Christmas Card mode... I didn't even cut it out until the day I made this card!

It's a beautiful set, totally my style.

Items Used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Purely Pomegranate
*Patterned Paper: K&Co (from Costco)
*Images: Stampin' Up! Time Well Spent, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
*Ink: Palette Black; Stampin' Up Soft Sky; Blender Pen with Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate and Soft Sky Reinkers; Versarmark
*Embellishments: Iridescent Ice embossing powder (I coloured the flower with the blender pen and reinkers, let it dry and then covered it with Versamark and embossed it)

I'm not sure how I feel about the dotted background, but the card needed something. I'm just not sure that this was the something it needed!

9 comments:

  1. I like the dotted background. I LOVE the flower!! Great job. I have 6 done thus far too!! We are on a roll. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dotted background finishes it off nicely! Such a pretty card! I bet you can totally make 365 cards this year. I am aiming for 100 different cards. So far I have made zero. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the card. I'm with you - I haven't cut my set out yet. Perhaps when I watch tv some night this week. I am taking your advice on labeling cards with 2008 01 etc .. so we will see how far along I get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, and love your banner!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this card Nancy, well done

    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fantastic card. I love the way you used the DP with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the card. the dotted background is a perfect touch!
    congrats on the 6 cards-i've done none lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card..
    Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOO... I love this color combo and your card is so sweet.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)