Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

*Two Challenges, Two Cards, One Post*

Good afternoon all... been a rotten weekend for me... I started feeling sick on Friday and by Friday night I had a fever, chills and body aches. Then I woke up with a nasty cough. Slept most of yesterday away, tried to spend some time with friends last night but faded fast. Another night of very little sleep and another morning/afternoon of coughing, fever and aches.

On Friday, I did manage to spend some time stamping before I started feeling really sick. I even managed to put together the prototype for some birth announcements I need to get done soon.

I wanted to share with you two cards I made on Friday for two different challenges.

This first card was made for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #44. I used some of the Stampin' Up! designer paper in Bashful Blue, an image by Clearly Inspired (from their Baby set), white ink and embossing powder, white eyelets and Whisper White and Bashful Blue cardstock.

The second card I created for Allison's AFSS#13. She challenged us last Sunday to use up some scraps in a card.... so I did! I used scraps from the card I made for Beate's Challenge... scraps that probably would have hit the garbage. Again I used Whisper White and Bashful Blue, but I added an image by Imaginisce, some markers in Bashful Blue and Pretty in Pink, Waterfall and Pink Stickles and some bling to the centres of the flowers on the flip flops. I outlined some of the layers with a black marker.

Thanks to Allison and Beate for challenging me on Friday!

Now, I'm back to the couch...

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. These are both great, Nancy! I especially love the last one. :0)

    Hope you are feeling better today. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are adorable, love how you changed up the paper layout. Hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nance! These are terrific! I love the first one (partial to that "baby" stamp) and the papers are great! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! love that baby stamp. hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on being picked the winner at Beate's blog!!!

    Your card for Beate's challenge is really cute; I, too, did a card for Allison's scrap challenge.

    Isn't it all just too much fun?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!! great job on the challenges. Now go lie down and rest!

    hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Nancy! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge and congrats on winning it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)