Pages

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

*I Was Away Again*

I know, you hardly noticed I was away! I haven't been updating my blog often enough for you to realize that I was actually away for a long weekend.... sigh, that is sad!

My sisters (Heather and Sandra) and I teamed up and surprised Mom at Christmas with tickets to Vegas. We flew met up in Sin City on Friday and spent the weekend together, celebrating Mom's 70th birthday (which was on the 5th) at every opportunity. We had a wonderful time and all came home exhausted!! The highlights of the trip for me were Mom posing with the two Chippendale dancers outside of Harrah's (I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!) and seeing Cirque du Soliel "O" on Sunday night.

We all came home on Monday... I arrived at 11pm and crawled in to bed when I got home. Yesterday I had to get groceries and do laundry, but otherwise I took it easy. Of course, now that I am not working, I don't honestly know what a typical day in the life of Nancy will be like, so who knows if what I did on Tuesday was taking it easy or normal LOL!!

I love the simplicity of this card... made with one of my favourite colour combinations... Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango and Elegant Eggplant. The flowers are by PaperTrey (Beautiful Blooms) and the sentiment is from A*Muse.

I added some of that great Kiwi Kiss SU ribbon to finish it off.

A very quick and easy card... and yes, only one layer plus the ribbon!

And shockers.... no bling!!!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

6 comments:

  1. Great card, Nancy!

    So did Mom come home with a new Tattoo?? Did you come home with another one??

    And yes...I did miss ya! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors together! It is a great clean and simple card, but the colors just add a pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice card! Simple but
    striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy,

    Yes, noticed you were away! Sounds like a great time and great card by the way (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blogs look! And didn't you just get back from a cruise, you brat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Nancy! So pretty.... TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)