Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

*So Strange*

It is so strange to me to be making Christmas cards in April! But it's also nice to know that I have a bunch of Christmas cards already made for this year. That will take some stress off my life come November.

Unless, of course, I decide I hate all of them and start over again LOL!

This was another of Tracy's challenges... this one from March. The challenge was to use black and white plus one other colour and to use a button on your design. As always, we had to make five cards all using the same main image.

I was going to do black, white and red but saw that most of the participants in the challenge had done that... so I did black, white and gold.

You'll notice that there is no button on my design, but a Candy Dot by Pebbles instead. I would have used buttons had I had any...

What you can't see so well is that I added a gold line to the top and bottom edges of my cards with my gold Krylon pen. The reindeer image is by Old Island Stamp Company and is embossed with gold embossing powder.

Again, not totally thrilled with this card... I feel like it needs *something*... I'm just not sure what that is.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are lovely, Nancy. I wish I could get motivated and start on my Christmas cards. I clicked on the photo to see better, and could only suggest one thing to give a little texture to the cards; perhaps do something with the black strip. Perhaps crimp or run through a CB with some sort of folder, (the snow flakes?) I like the simple elegance of your cards! Perhaps I should get going and CASE your card? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are just perfect! So elegant. ~chris

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)