Pages

Monday, June 08, 2009

*Sometimes It's Hard*

Sometimes it's really difficult to make a card for a specific occasion or sometimes for that specific person... and sometimes they both meld in to one.

For example, I don't often make a card for my husband or sons. First of all, I suck at guy cards. Second of all, I can never think of what to write in the card to make it "right"... Hallmark does it so much better than I do.

And I don't often make cards for my Mom. I know she appreciates my creations. I know she looks forward to getting them. But again, it's not very often that I can write the right thing in the card. Hallmark has a card for that, and more often than not, it's close to perfect.

This card was a tough one to make. I had to make a sympathy card to send to the family of my Mom's best friend who passed away at the end of March. I wanted to go out and buy a card, but I knew that this one had to come from my heart.

Donna was a huge part of my life growing up.... so much so that even though she didn't want to do it, she did the toast to the bride at my wedding. She was one of the most amazing and fun and funny women I have ever known. She touched the lives of so many and I know she is missed but everyone who let her into their heart.

Not a lot to say about the card... Bazzill cardstock, dark brown grosgrain ribbon, sympathy sentiment by Boxer stamped in Chocolate Chip Stampin' Up ink, three pieces of bling... and a square from one of the pages of Stamp It Australia papers from the Scrapbook Pantry.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it IS hard. But you got it right with this one. Beautiful card, just the right touch. I know the family will appreciate it. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, Sorry for your loss. I'm sure the family will appreciate the card you made with love.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)