Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

*More Challenges*

Happy Saturday everyone!  A beautiful day in store for Calgary...  I've already been out with the husband and the dog for a walk at the off-leash dog park.  I enjoy the walk there and the fact that I can walk without holding the leash.  And Milo loves being able to run!

The card I am sharing today is for two different challenges...  Tuesday Morning Sketches and Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.  The sketch was from Mercy's challenge and the TMS challenge was to use flowers, pastels and ribbon.
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla, Brocade Blue
*Pattern Paper:  Memory Box
*Images:  Inkadinkadoo Dot Flourishes; TPC Studio Playful Expressions
*Ink:  Stampin' Up! Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink
*Tools:  Big Shot; Nestabilities
*Embellishments:  Michael's Bridal Flowers (coloured with Pretty in Pink ink); Kaiser Pearls; Stampin' Up! sheer ribbon
*Challenges:  Tuesday Morning Sketches #41; MTSC #69


I am very pleased with this card....  the only thing I don't like is the white ribbon... but I didn't have sheer cream ribbon.  It would have been better without the ribbon but I needed the ribbon for the one challenge.

Tonight our house will be filled with 15 year old boys, all here to celebrate Alex's birthday.  None of the friends host a traditional birthday party anymore...  it's just them "hanging", I provide pizza, pop, chips and cake.... and there's no presents.  I think that's a great idea!  Bruce and I will hang out in the basement watching some of our shows from this past week... and perhaps I'll get a bit of crafting in then too.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty...love the colors! Hope you all survived the attach of the 15 yr olds lastnight. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Nance! Isn't it nice to have good weather! I even got a little sunburnt yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colors are great! Hope the boys weren't too wild for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. Love your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)