Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

*The Kid Is Home*

It was great to see Alex get off the plane yesterday morning.  I didn't miss him as much as I thought I would and he obviously didn't miss us much since he didn't bother to call or text in the six days he was away.  But honestly, I'm glad he didn't contact us a bunch while he was away.... I know now that I have raised an independent kid who can be on his own for a while without issue.  I'd probably be worried if he was one of those kids who had to call us every night or something.

He talked and talked about all they saw and all they did and it sounds like it was a great trip.  I hope that there will be another band trip in 2 years... we will have to see since his band director is retiring in June.

The kid being home means that my camera is home.  He had a tough time with the camera... a lot of out of focus pictures... I discovered this morning that somehow he managed to set it to "manual" which is what caused him problems.

I created my Clean and Simple card for this week on Friday while the CalGals were here... it was the only card I ended up creating.

And sadly, I don't really like it...
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz
*Images: unknown sentiment
*Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
*Embellishments: Prima flowers; unknown button; Twinery twine
*Challenges:  FTL135



I just didn't know what to do with this sketch... maybe you could create a card using the sketch (the link is in my sidebar) and show me what you did to inspire me to try again!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)