Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

*2016 Christmas Cards #11*

This was my first attempt at using a stamp and die set... or at least the first attempt in a long time.  The last stamp and die sets I bought were flowers by Heartfelt Creations and the dies were solid metal which made them difficult to use.  I love these new thin dies that are simply the design outline and nothing more.  I wasn't perfectly centred, but I was close.

One thing I did with this card is I finally used the Mini Misti I bought from Scrap'n Stamp.  I used it to make sure I got a nice clear and dark image for the penguin.  So many times I stamp something and don't get a good impression.  So with the Mini Misti I was able to stamp and stamp and stamp again to get it good and black.

I also used the Mini Misti to help me position the stamp on the die...  I cut the die first and put the scrap in to the Mini Misti.  I put the stamp in the hole it had created and then picked up the stamp with the lid.  I then put the die cut piece back in to the hole and stamped the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)