Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

*2017 Christmas Cards #55*

Two cards for you on Boxing Day (what we call December 26th here in Canada).  I still have a few more cards to share with you... I'm thinking we might still be looking at Christmas cards on New Years Eve!

The upside to being off work because of my chemo treatments is that I have had a lot of time to create... lots of crocheting and even more time for cards!  And since I LOVE making Christmas cards, this is a good thing!

This first card is a take on the Bokeh Technique, but with a Christmas theme instead of just circles.  The cards I've seen done this was have mostly been on watercolour paper with a watercoloured background however I sponged Catherine Pooler inks on to a piece of white cardstock.  I then stamped some Stampin' Up! snowflakes in white pigment ink on top.  I added the Simon Says Stamp believe die cut out of silver glitter paper and a small snowflake from white glitter paper.
 This card came together pretty quickly...  a white card base, a layer of candycane striped glitter paper and then a panel with the Stampin' Up snowflake embossed on it.  I cut out a red snowflake and layered it on top of the embossed snowflake.  I added some bling bling to the snowflakes to finish it off.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    Wonderful cards still...years later!
    I am a Senior in the USA and have been searching for the Stampin Up Winter Wonder Snowflake Embossing folder you used for this card. If you have any interest in selling it, I would love to purchase it...please advise.
    With thanks,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)