Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2019

*Happy Wishes*

You know... I hate it when you have a card idea in your head and no matter what you try, you can't get it quite how it looked in your head. 

That's what was going on with this card.  I started with the dotted zig zag stamp in Grape Crush Catherine Pooler ink and the circle "wishes" stamp... I couldn't get it cut out just right or stamped just right so I did the best I could.  Originally this was going to be a tall card with the zig zag along the left side of the card... but I just couldn't make the elements work together how I saw it in my head.

So instead of tossing the card and the whole idea, I played some more until I came up with this card.  I was at the crop and had a limited selection of cardstock colours so I had to create my own coloured paper for the layer behind the front panel with some Catherine Pooler ink and the Picket Fence blending brushes (my tip for these brushes is a light hand and build up the colour slowly).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)