Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

*You Are My Happy*

I wanted to play with the technique is used in this card, something I saw Jennifer McGuire do with inks, Perfect Pearls and and embossing folder.  I played with this technique in the spring but simply did rectangles in the centre of my card but I wanted to play with something different.
So I started by cutting a MFT heart out of printer paper and using the piece of paper without the heart as a mask.  I used a Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blender Brush and a few shades of pinks and purples from Catherine Pooler to create a heart on a white card panel.  While the ink was still a little damp and blend-able (and before I removed my stencil), I brushed on some of the white Perfect Pearls with a soft brush and then burnished it all on with a soft cloth.  Once it was all dry, I sent the panel through my Big Shot with an embossing folder.

At this point, I left my card to sit for a while cuz I just didn't know what I wanted to do.  Literally, a few days later, I put the card back in front of me and added a black pen line around the heart to make it stand out more.  I layered the panel to the front of a card and stamped my sentiment from MFT on a piece of white cardstock with black VersaFine ink and trimmed it up to create the banner and I attached it to the front of my card with some Lawn Fawn glue.

While this card took my days to complete, it was really a quick and easy card....  it just took time for my brain to figure out what I wanted to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)