Pages

Sunday, July 07, 2019

*AAA Cards #144*

I am over the moon excited to share with you all, that I am one of the newest members of the AAA Cards Design Team!  I discovered this blog a few months ago and have done my best to play along as often as I could... I love that their challenges are all Clean and Simple challenges, which, as you know, is the type of card I *LOVE* to create.  Their challenges are once every two weeks and go live on Sundays... you have two weeks to create your card and share it on their blog.  Our Sponsor for this challenge (and they are donating a $30 gift certificate!!!) is The Ink Road!  Be sure to check out Shona's blog, the guest designer for this month!
For my first challenge, we are working with a maximum white space with the optional twist of Christmas in July (I love the idea of an optional twist each week... you either play along with the optional twist or not!).  You all know just how much I enjoy making Christmas cards, right??
I will admit, I was intimidated with my first design team card.  I pulled the stuff I thought I wanted to use and it took me literally days to throw this quick clean and simple card together... I was almost afraid to even try!  I think it was just "first day jitters".  LOL!

For this card, I used a die by Stampendous that I cut out three times in red cardstock and layered to create a little dimension.  I used my Misti to stamp just the word "Christmas" from a saying from the Merry Messages set by Lawn Fawn in Nocturne VersaFine Clair ink.  I then added the holly leaves from the GinaK Christmas wreath builder set stamped in Grass Skirt Catherine Pooler ink.

And then I made myself step away instead of adding anything more to the card.

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for accepting our DT call. Fabulous card with maxi white space. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO happy to be a part of the team! You guys are all so great at CAS!

      Delete
  2. Awesome first make Nancy! Love that it has dimension from the sentiment stack combined with all that lovely empty white space. So delighted to have you join the AAA Cards DT and looking forward to seeing all your wonderful creativity and cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new role with AAA Cards and what a lovely debut! Wonderful to discover another card-making in Alberta; I'm just down the road in Cochrane! On a couple of occasions, I've met with Karen (karens_kardzz on IG) and Betty J for coffee. Perhaps you'd like to join us some time!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to Carol... pop me an email sometime at nancy dot elrick at gmail dot com

      Delete
    2. Will do!! Which light box did you order? My photos are 'meh', so any guidance would be greatly appreciated (all our rainy days don't help!)...
      ~carol

      Delete
    3. Hey Carol... I got the Foldio2 Plus from Amazon. It folds up in to a small square box if I want and goes together quickly with strong magnets. It has a lot of light which is making a big difference for me

      Delete
  4. From one newbie DT member to the other, awesome first make for the challenge, Nancy! I love how vibrantly the red and green pops against all that gorgeous white space. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your first day jitters didn't hold you back! Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, wish I could just come up with ideas like this...thank you for the inspiration,hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job, Nancy! Beautiful pop of red with your die-cut merry. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, a belated welcome to the team, it's great to have you on board! I can understand your 'first card jitters' (TFS) and you have created a gorgeous CAS card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)