Pages

Wednesday, January 01, 2020

*Happy New Year!*

Welcome to 2020!  So hard to believe that the whole Y2K scare was 20 years ago.... wasn't it just 1980 20 years ago?? 

2020 marks the year I turn 50... and that freaks me out a bit.  It's also the year my oldest turns 25.  I remember 25.  I had him at 25.  I was married for a few years, living on our own in a city half way across the country from our families... it's so strange!!!

Anyway... I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years Eve and that you are ready for whatever 2020 has in store for you.  With this whole cancer thing, I've decided I'll really and truly celebrate the new year when treatment is over.  I had chemo yesterday (the 31st) and have my take home bottle of chemo until late tomorrow afternoon.  I still feel pretty good so I was able to enjoy NYE with my husband and my sister.

I have a few more cards to share with you that I created in 2019...  and today is one of them.  A pretty quick and easy birthday card to add to your stash.  You could easily make this a more masculine card by simply changing up the colours you choose.
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White 110lb; Stampin' Up! Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst, Pool Party
*Stamps:  MFT Bitty Birthday Wishes
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  SSS Big Happy; Spellbinders Nesting Circle Dies
*Tools:  Gemini Jr (YUP, Santa brought me one!!!)
*Etc:  Gina K Connect Glue

3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant design this graphic card is Nancy! Perfect for males and females, young and old! Will try to remember it for all those times I have to produce a card at a moment's notice :/

    I'm sorry you're having to go through chemo - having two friends who are currently going through it, I know it can be a time of ups and downs. Glad you had a peaceful Christmas and wishing you a happy and positive year ahead. Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! I was really pleased with how it turned out. So easy to change out the colours to make it more masculine or even more child-like.

      Sorry to hear about your friends... I hope they are fairing well with their treatments!

      Delete
  2. I'm so so sorry about your cancer, I just read your post today. Usually your cards are so awesome that I am mesmorized and only look at the cards then comment my thoughts that pop into my head. I wish you all the best with your chemo treatments. I've been going thru my own health issues as well.

    On a more happy note, your happy birthday card is great!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)