Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2022

*Less Is More #471*

There's a new clean and simple challenge over at the Less is More blog....  we are looking to see your one layer cards (which means the one layer is your card base) with your favourite flower!  Be sure to head over to the Less is More blog to see the beautiful creations by the rest of the design team and to share your creations with us.


You knew this wouldn't be a difficult challenge for me.... I love florals!  What you might not have expected is to see my first ever only foiled card for this challenge!

This card front started out as me experimenting with my new Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System.  I foiled a 1/4 sheet of Hammermill cardstock and then, after oohing and aahing, I didn't know what to do with it.  And then it hit me... why do anything?  I foiled the sentiment in a different colour and put the entire panel on the front of a folded card.  While this layered on top, it is the exact same size as my card so it's not considered a layer (a great trick if you were colouring with Copics as well).  We are heading to a wedding this afternoon and this is the card I'll be giving the bride and groom.

Card Info
*Cardstock:  Hammermill Premium Color Copy Cover
*Hot Foil Plates:  Pinkfresh Studio Simplest Gestures; Spellbinders Wanted to Say
*Hot Foil:  Spellbinder teal and silver
*Challenges:  Less is More #471


1 comment:

  1. This is just fantastic. I love your foiled floral! Perfectly perfect. Love that you also foiled the sentiment in a different color. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)