It's time for a new challenge at Time Out Challenges... this time sponsored by one of our design team members! How generous!
I am really wanting to colour more... to allow myself the time to play with the markers. I was watching a Cathy Zielske video the other day and she made me realize that I don't need to be an artist to colour... I'm a crafter and my colouring doesn't need to be perfect. So instead of worrying about shading and blending really well, I've decided to just have fun!
To that end, I pulled out this cute stamp of a girl with her umbrella and had some fun! I stamped her with Memento ink (ink my Misti), coloured her and then stamped over her again with my favourite Versafine Clair as I find it gives a much more crisp outline. I paired her with a little rainbow striped pattern paper.
Card Info*Stamps: MFT Rain Or Shine
*Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne; Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics


I love this, Nancy. That little sweetie is singin' in the rain... or maybe just dancing in the rainbow!. Either way, she is the cutest!
ReplyDeleteGood for you, Nancy. I call it color book coloring and it's fun and easy to do. She is darling as she enjoys the sunshine and rainbow.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased you've decided to give colouring a go Nancy! When someone receives a card they don't scutinize your colouring but love the beautiful creation they have. This is so super cute! I have this sweet image and must remember to bring it out again! Have a good day and enjoy some more colouring! :)
ReplyDeleteSuper sweet card, Nancy! As creative bloggers we do sometimes expect our work to be "perfect" but the joy is definitely in the making, not the final product, so good on you for just having fun. I love your card. Love the rainbow paper behind the focal point too, it definitely makes her pop. Thanks so much for sharing with us at All About Papercraft, we hope you be a regular. Kerry, DT
ReplyDeleteYour card is so cute Nancy and I just love it! Thank you so much for joining us at All About Papercraft xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful sentiment — it really captures the essence of friendship. You've created a gorgeous card to go with it—it's colorful and cheerful. Thank you so much for participating in our challenge this month. Sandra from the All About Design Team
ReplyDeleteNancy, I love that you went with rain for water. I hadn't even thought of that! I love your little sweetie with her rainbow background and that sentiment is perfect.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Jaydee
Love the rainbow striped paper behind this cutie - makes her really pop! Fabulous colouring too ... really love the design! Hugs, Kate
ReplyDelete