Pages

Saturday, August 01, 2009

*Long Weekend*

Good evening everyone... I enjoyed a day to myself today... Bruce and the boyz met his Mom and her husband at 9 this morning to drive out to do a short and easy hike at Grotto Canyon. Yes, I was invited to go along but the promise of a handful of hours to myself was too enticing. So I stayed home and enjoyed some quiet time. I ran a few errands, watched a movie, read, sat in the sun.... I didn't touch my computer or venture into my craft space.

It was a nice half day.

It's a long weekend here in Alberta and the weather has been fantastic so far. The temperature has dropped drastically in the last hour as a cold front moves in... we were hoping to see a good thunderstorm here at our house but it appears to have missed us. Oh well... the cooler temperature at least means the house is cooling off and we'll be able to sleep tonight.

This is one of the cards I created while at the Summer Scraptacular back in June. It was my first day with the new Stampin' Up! In Colors for this year.

Items Used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Crushed Currie
*Images: Stampendous Birthday Blossoms
*Ink: Stampin' Up! Melon Mambo; Memento Black; Copic Spica markes
*Tools: Big Shot; Swiss Dots and Spots and Dots Cuttlebug Embossing folders; EK Success border punch

And that's the story on this card....

Enjoy your weekend!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

  1. Looks great. Hope you the storm didn't do too much damage at your house! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card too - especially since it now graces my desk! It was a wonderful belated b'day card Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)