Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

*Tent Topper Card*

I saw the idea for these "tent topper cards" on Michelle's Blog and decided to give it a try. I've had this 3 Bugs in a Rug paper sitting around waiting for something good to do with it and I thought it might just be perfect for this card.

The cardstock itself makes a 4.25"X4.25" card and the circle part (I've also seen it done as a square on top) sticks up over the top of the card to make the card 5.5"X4.25".

I punched out one of the images from the 3 Bugs in a Rug paper with my Marvy Mega Circle Punch and then punched another circle with the Marvy Giga Scallop Circle Punch out of the same paper... I love that is double sided as I didn't have an exact match of cardstock to put on the card. I used a strip of the designer paper near the bottom of the card to break up the "whiteness". The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black Classic Ink.

This was a very quick and easy card to put together. I can see doing more of these for sure!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome Nancy...very CASEable (wink!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card...love the design.

    PS I like your new pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Nancy. Hey, great picture of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute Nancy. love the new picture too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen these too. I really like this one with the circle. I must try one of these too!

    Love the new pic too...did you get a hair cut??

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...I'm in love! lol :) This card is fabulous, Nancy! Don't you just love the 3 Bugs in a Rug designer papers. They're so pretty!

    I'm gonna have to try this one...

    Have a great day!
    Julie

    P.S. Like your new pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of doing that layout with the scallop circle! What a fun card this is!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)