Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

*I Need A Cold Drink*

Maybe not yet this morning but I sure could have used some margaritas on my back deck last night!! It was a hot one yesterday and promises to be up close to there again today. Calgary doesn't typically get all that hot in the summer (it's warm, but not hot hot hot) except for maybe a few days each year so very few houses have air conditioning. In fact, a store I worked at about 10 years ago didn't even have a/c!! Trying to sleep last night I was sure wishing for some a/c! Our bedroom is above the garage and is always the hottest room in the house. Not great for sleeping when the day had been 35*!!!

This card is perfect for today as I am heading out with my girlfriends tonight. We are going to see "Mama Mia" and then we might head off for drinks and nibbles afterwards. I've already seen the movie but I totally enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing it again with my friends. I always love our girls' nights!

Yes, another anniVERVEsary sketch.... only one more after this! This is #11. I took my colour inspiration from the American Crafts ribbon that I pulled out of my stash. My colours are Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point and Whiper White. The stamp is by A*muse (actually, one glass that I stamped 3 times). I also added a little interest with my Cuttlebug and the D'vine Swirl embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping in to say "HI" today....
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

  1. Great cards Nancy! I loved Mamma Mia too! & Girls Nights out, they are so much fun! Enjoy yourself.

    Glad you are watching Army Wives. I watch it too. I watched all of the First Season very quickly just after the Second Season had started, & now I'm watching the Second Season which is almost over...I love it, it got signed up for another year...16 episodes I think or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your Calgary crowd get some relief soon! Your card is perfect for wanting a yummy drink! Love that CB folder! Have a cool night out! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo...the colours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this layout. another great card Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)