Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

*A Beautiful Day*

We have been having some wonderful weather in Calgary for the last few weeks. It's cooling off nicely at night which allows the house to cool down and for all of us to sleep comfortably, but the days are very warm to hot with lots of sun!

With all this wonderful sun, I have been spending time in my yard (both in the sun and in the shade) reading. First I read "The Time Travelers Wife" which, after I got used to the writing style (a few chapters), I totally loved. I no sooner finished that one and I was picking up "My Sister's Keeper" which is another great book to read. "My Sister's Keeper" took me about a day and a half to read (with breaks). I have another book (the third I borrowed from Shannon) but I have no idea what it's called... it's one she thought I would enjoy. And since we've liked a lot of the same books in the past, I'm sure I will enjoy it. When I have the name in my head, I will let you know.

I think the one thing I have enjoyed most about not working is that there is more time in my day to do the things I love to do... like read. I have read about 3 dozen books since I stopped working at the beginning of April. I don't read "heavy" books... a lot of "chick lit" and not too heavy crime stories. I read a lot as a kid, not as much in high school, hardly at all in University... I love getting lost in a good book.

I did take a little time off from reading this morning to create a card for the MojoMonday challenge (Mojo101). As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to use my new Sizzix Daisies #2 die from Stampin' Up. I wonder if I should have texturized the Very Vanilla layer on the front or done something to it... it looks awfully plain.

Items Used:
*cardstock: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla; Cored'inations
*patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
*tools: Daisies #2 Sizzix die (from Stampin' Up!), Big Shot
*embellishments: chocolate brown satin ribbon
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

  1. Looks good to me! Lots of reading in our household too! Just finished off the Diary of Anne Frank...I had never read it...very good! I would like to read 'my sisters keeper' too. Gotta finish off my 'left behind' series first...8 more books to go!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Nancy! I'm working on The Shack for the 2nd time. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have 'The Host' - you asked for that one. The adult Stephaine Meyers book, I started it once but didn't get far when I was pregnant You'll have to let me know how it goes. The one I brought but then took home as you had read it was 'Stones from the River'.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)