Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

*Allison's Challenge*

Happy weekend, everyone! Still loving that my sister is here! We spent yesterday at the new mall (Cross Iron Mills)... had a great time until I managed to leave one of my shopping bags somewhere. I will call the Mall Security office again tomorrow morning to see if anyone has turned it in.

I'm so glad my sister decided to extend her stay. She was originally supposed to be heading home late this afternoon, but now I have her until Wednesday instead! I sure wish she would just hurry up and move back west... being 4 hours away by plane is just too far!

We are spending today crafting.... she's found some cards she wants me to CASE... I've done two today plus the first one she challenged me with last night. Most I've crafted in a long time!

Last weekend the CalGals met at my house for our monthly night of stamping and chatting and eating. It was Allison's turn to bring the challenge, and this was our first month without a sketch challenge! Instead, she really challenged us by bringing a stamp that she loves but is always stumped to use.

I gave her a hard time, but it really wasn't that bad.

Not a huge fan of the image, but I think I pulled off something different than the other ladies.

I created the background for the image using some Brilliance inks on white cardstock using the direct to paper technique of smooshing and swiping ink on the cardstock. I then stamped the image on top with a darker shade of blue ink.

Not a great card, not really my style... but not bad for a challenge that was really a challenge!

So far, Merlie, Allison and Tracy have posted the cards that they created with this image... please click on the links on the right to go visit their blogs and see what they came up with. I'm sure Dianne will post hers soon... and Shannon was freshly home from visiting her Mom in Saskatchewan so she wasn't able to join us last week.

Thanks for coming to visit!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

3 comments:

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)