Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

*Another Monday*

You know, I never really appreciated my weekends until I started working full time again....  and now it feels like weekends absolutely fly by!

We were supposed to go to Bruce's company Christmas party on Friday night but we bailed on it... Bruce had been home sick since Wednesday and we didn't think it was a good idea to show up to a party on Friday night.  I was a little disappointed but was content with a night in front of the TV with the family and a cozy blanket.

Saturday was a busy day around here... I made candycane bark and spudnuts.  Spudnuts are an old fashioned yeast donut that contains mashed potatoes as an added starch.  They took about 6 hours from making the dough, to rising, to rolling and cutting, to rising again, to frying.  A long process but totally worth it!  It was a little tough as it was the first time I was making them without my Mom.  I was worried I'd screw them up as I've only ever been the assistant LOL!

Saturday night we were off to a friends' house for their annual Christmas party.  Lots of food, lots of friends and lots of fun!

Sunday night was our bowling league where we had a potluck dinner while we bowled.  Always a fun time!

And here it is, Monday again.... sigh.  But, there are only 40 hours this week, between me and 10 days off!

I'm not in love with the card I'm about to show you... it's OK... but not my best...
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake, Real Red
*Pattern Paper: My Mind's Eye
*Images: Inkadinkadoo Snowflake
*Ink: VersaMagic Aspen Mist
*Tools: Big Shot; Spellbinders Nestabilities (circles and Labels 4)
*Embellishments: Doodlebug Sugared Brad

1 comment:

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)