Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

*Eclipse Card*

I've seen a lot of these cards on Pinterest and was lamenting that I didn't own any letter dies or any good word dies... and then it dawned on me.... "Use the Silhouette, stupid!".  So I did!  I need to work on figuring out placement as this cut exactly on the edge of my stamped piece (even though it didn't look like it would in Design Studio) but I was able to salvage it...

This is called the eclipse technique.  You stamp up your panel however you want and then you die cut or use your Silhouette to cut out a word.  I cut the word two more times out of black cardstock.  I then layered the letters on each other, leaving out the insides of the A and Ps.  I put the stamped panel on a black layer, put it on the white card and then put my punched up letters in the holes.  The centres of the letters are only the one layer thick and I added them inside each of their letters.  I added the word "birthday" stamped in black.

I think next time I'll try another layer under the stamped letters.... and I will have to play with placement in Design Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)