Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

*A Valentine*

I can't tell you the last time I made a Valentine.  Over the Christmas holidays I won a prize from Scrap n Stamp and I was excited to see it was hearts since I have *nothing* with hearts.  I was inspired by a card that my friend Bonnie made and decided to try it myself.

The heart die and little heart stamp are by Lawn Fawn.  I cut them out of white cardstock and stamped the little heart on them and then dragged a grey ink pad along the edges.  I used some Ken Oliver Color Burst powder with a water pen to create the scribble background and once it was dry I covered it with some clear Wink of Stella.  I used pop dots to attach the hearts to the card, added a Catherine Pooler sentiment and used my Perfect Layers tools to create the black matte.

It's funny... when I had just the scribble background, I didn't like it at all.  I placed the hearts and still didn't like it.  I took the hearts off and added the black matte and the Wink of Stella and suddenly I liked it!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love the colors! Very pretty, Nancy.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)