Pages

Friday, March 30, 2018

*Thank You Card Series*

As I said in an earlier post, I needed to make some thank you cards.  I wanted to send some cards to a few people who truly made a difference during the last several months while I battled colon cancer.  Just a little something to let them know how much their kindness and effort meant to me.

This was another of the thank you cards I made... I used a very old Inkadinkadoo stamp set with some Catherine Pooler ink to create the swirls.  I added the Thank You stamped with CP inks (Concord & 9th stamp set) and then again with VersaMark so I could emboss it with Stampin' Up! Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  And then I set the card panel aside cuz I wasn't sure I liked it.

I decided to keep trying to play with it....  I used some Catherine Pooler ink and sponged the edges of a white panel and attached my stamped panel to it.  I used my Perfect Layers Tool to create the border and put it all on a white card.

And it still didn't feel right.  So Bonnie suggested some Stickles on the dots.... which I did.... and it still didn't feel right.  So Bonnie suggested flicking my Wink of Stella pen on it... which I did...and it still didn't feel right.... so then I flicked on some of the silver Wink of Stella and finally it felt OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)