Pages

Monday, March 11, 2019

*Sweet Baby*

Happy Monday all... so happy to report that Calgary is finally seeing some warmer weather again.  After more than a month with our temperatures all well below freezing, our forecast now only shows temperatures above 0C for the next several days.  I sure hope we don't go back to the deep freeze we've been in!

I was asked by friends we bowl with to create a baby shower invitation for the one person they are inviting who isn't on FB.  They know they are having a girl so I decided to play with pinks and purples.  I also knew I didn't want to go with traditional baby images so I reached for my Gerda Steiner unicorn to create this card.

I used some silver iridescent foil on a polka dot foiling sheet to get those wonderful polka dots.  I coloured the image with my Copics but didn't worry at all about blending.  I attached the unicorn to a white rectangle with pop dots and then added the chain circle from MFT) for a little interest.  The sentiment is from an old PTI set I had laying around and I stamped it with Twilight Catherine Pooler ink.  I added the purple layer using my Perfect Layers tool and then added it all to a white card.  I added the information about the shower to the inside using my printer and a fun font.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)