Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

*Wonderful Color Bursts*

Happy Friday Everyone!  I am over on the Scrap 'n Stamp Canada blog today, showcasing a great stamp set and die from Concord & 9th as well as the Ken Oliver Color Bursts!

I bought the Color Bursts quite a while ago, played with them once and then tucked them away in a drawer.   I found myself with some time on the Easter Weekend while the husband and one kid watched Game of Thrones so got out some watercolour paper and the powders and started playing.
I started out by covering my watercolour paper with some anti static powder and placing it in my stamp positioning tool.  I then stamped the big stamp from the Concord & 9th Wonderful Florals set in Versamark ink 3 times to ensure I had good coverage and then I embossed it with white embossing powder.
I pulled out my non-stick craft mat to protect my surface and used a red, blue and yellow Color Burst and "salted" the colours all over the stamped piece.  I then used a fine mist sprayer and spritzed water all over the watercolour paper, watching the colours bloom and grow.  It's truly an amazing sight to see!
  

Once I had good water coverage, I dabbed off the excess with a paper towel.  I then set the panel aside to dry and made a few more using different colours.  I was looking at the panels and the clean and simple part of me felt that the use of colour was way too overwhelming so I used the Concord & 9th matching die to cut out the image.
For the one card, I used the Wonderful word die to cut out some black letters to layer on top of the watercolour panel and added some Nuvo Shimmer Pen to create some shine.  For the other I stamped the word "friend" from the same Concord & 9th stamp set on kraft cardstock and embossed it with white embossing powder before creating a flag-ended tag that I put on top with foam dots.  I also added some white dots and splotches to the kraft card to create a little more visual interest.



This is just one way to use these fabulous pigment powders... I encourage you to try them for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh - I love the full panel version just as much as the die cut! Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)