Pages

Monday, April 08, 2019

*Wonderful*

I'm on the Scrap 'n Stamp Canada blog today with a fun card using the new Alcohol Pearl inks by Tim Holtz.  I had fun playing with the set of three I purchased and I LOVE the shimmer that is left behind after these inks dry.  If only I could pick it up in a photo....  I wanted to make the alcohol ink background the real star of the card so I did my best to keep it simple.
To create the alcohol ink background, I taped three alcohol ink felt refill pads to my Tim Holtz ruler.  I then added drops of each of the colours from Kit 2 to each of the felt pads and added some Blending Solution to each of the pads.

Then, using even pressure, slid the ruler across my Yupo paper several times until I got the blending and the colour saturation I was looking for.

I then used the word die from the Concord & 9th Wonderful Florals die set to cut out the letters on both the Yupo paper and out of a piece of black cardstock.  I was careful to hold on to the centres of the letters cut from the Yupo paper. 
I added regular scotch tape to the back of the Yupo panel so that the sticky part showed through the letter openings and then added the black letters in to the openings.  I added back in the letter centres for the O, R and D that were cut from the colourful paper.
I put the panel on a dark grey mat, added it to a white card and added a few pieces of bling to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)