Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

*Alcohol Ink Thanks*

I have seen so many creators playing with Alcohol inks lately... and I am SO very envious of the work they are doing.  I bought Alcohol inks probably 12-15 years ago, played with them a bit, then tucked them away.  I pulled out some of my old colours and while they work just fine, I'm not in love with the colours... so I went out and bought 2 sets of the new Alcohol Pearls.  I also went to my local camera store to buy one of the air blowers everyone seems to be using instead of the dreaded straw (you get really light headed with a straw!)  I created a couple of background the other day and this is the first card I ended up creating
 I did a half sheet of the smaller sized Yupo Paper and did one colour at a time with Blending Solution, drying each colour before moving on to the next to avoid getting a brown result.  You have to be careful using your heat tool to dry the colours with the Yupo Paper as it isn't really even paper... it's more of a plastic and it will melt with too much heat.

Once it was completely dry, I cut the panel down and used my Perfect Layers Tool to create a black border around the panel before placing it on the front of a side folding card.  I used the Simon Says Stamp Big Thanks die to create the sentiment in black cardstock and finished it off with my Nuvo Shimmer Pen.

I'm pleased with how this alcohol ink panel turned out... and I look forward to playing some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)