Pages

Monday, June 24, 2019

*CASology #346*

Happy Monday!!!  We celebrated the first few days of summer with a whole lot of rain here in Calgary.  We had a nice respite on Saturday in time for the Colon Cancer Canada Push For Your Tush (if you recall, we walked in the pouring rain last year) but it's been raining for days.  The grass sure is green... but it's going to be jungle length before we get a chance to mow it!

My hubby was away this past weekend and I spent most of my time watching crappy movies.  I even managed to make a few cards.  I am happy I had the time to play along with the current CASology challenge... the cue for this challenge was "ring".
I absolutely love these chain link circles dies... they end up looking so pretty and dainty!  A friend of mine had asked me to put together a set of cards for her and she wanted me to include a couple of sympathy cards... I thought that this ring would be the perfect start to a sympathy card.  I added a couple of those Michael's bridal flowers I bought *years* ago and I coloured them with a light yellow tombow.  I cut out the Avery Elle word "sympathy" in brown cardstock, added a brown gem to the centre of one flower and stamped "with deepest" from the Avery Elle Sentimental Too sent in Icing on the Cake Catherine Pooler ink.

I cut the layer slightly smaller than a regular card and popped it up on the top fold card with foam tape to add a little dimension.

In my world, CAS cards are perfect for sympathy cards... you want the sentiment to be the part that stands out.

Thanks for popping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and soothing sympathy card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)