Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2019

*Giant Card*

About a week ago, a patient at the Chiro office I work at found out I made cards... and she asked if I could make a HUGE card for her and her co-workers to add photos and signatures to to give to their friend who is retiring.  I told her I wasn't sure I could pull it off as I only ever make small cards.  She was convinced that anything I could make would be better than anything she could buy.  So I decided I'd at least try....

And you know what, I kind of like what I came up with.  To be honest, I don't love it (in fact I can see where I could improve it) but it did turn out pretty darn well.
I started with two pieces of 18"X24" foam core board.  I used my Silhouette to cut the words out of vinyl.  I didn't quite make it centred, but I tried :-)  I then cut a bunch of these multi layered daisies with my Big Shot and four colours of cardstock and put them together using different colours together as much as I could.  I curled the petals on some of the flowers, sometimes both layers, sometimes only one layer and sometimes none at all.  I then sprayed them all with spray glitter.  After they were dry, I attached them around the words.  

The biggest thing to figure out was how to bind the two pieces of foam core together so that it would open and close properly.  I decided on some colourful 1" binder rings.

The woman who asked for the card came by to pick it up on Tuesday evening and I am happy to say that she was thrilled with it.  And I was relieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)