Pages

Sunday, June 02, 2019

*Daisy Birthday*

Yesterday was a big day for my hubby and me... June 1, 1991, we got married!  We were super young (about a month and a half shy of turning 21 and 23!!) when we got married and many said we'd never make it... but here we are, 28 years later, still walking this path together.  It hasn't always been easy, but we both are committed to making things work.  At the end of the day, I still want to hold his hand, kiss his face and feel his arms around me.

Not bad for a couple of kids, eh?  We now have kids that are older than we were when we got married!

I absolutely LOVE this cover die from A Jillian Vance Design.  Just when I think I'm done playing with it, I pull it out again.  This time I had the white die cut sitting on my desk for several weeks.  I don't even remember why I had cut it, but it was sitting there, begging me to play with it.
Now, don't get me wrong... I don't LOVE this card, but I don't hate it either.  I took the die, coloured the centres with two colours of brown Copics to give that brown eyed susan look to the daisies.  I layered it on to a piece of deep yellow cardstock that was cut just a little teeny bit smaller than the cover die so that there was no yellow mat around the edges.  I put that on the front of a white side fold card and added the happy birthday sentiment using foam tape.  I cut the flag-ended strip using a die from Lawn Fawn.  To finish it all off, I added sparkle to each of the flowers using my Nuvo clear shimmer pen.

3 comments:

  1. I love it, I wish I could buy it from you for an upcoming birthday this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email your address to me at nancy dot elrick at gmail dot com.... I can send you the card to mail out!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)