Pages

Wednesday, June 05, 2019

*Foil Sympathy*

Happy Wednesday!  For most of you, Wednesday means the middle of your work week, hump day, if you will....  but for me, Wednesday is more often than not the first day of my work week... my Monday, if you will.  This week is a little messed up as I worked yesterday to fill in for a co-worker who is away for a few days... not a lot of time for creating on my days off this week so I am running low on cards to share... I will have to find some time in the coming days.  It might work out well that Bruce is super busy with work and may not be home some evenings for the next few weeks.

A friend has asked me to put together a set of assorted cards for her to send to her family and friends.  I have a lot of birthday cards in my stash but not much else so I have been thinking of a few things to add to her set... and while no one wants to need a sympathy cards, we all need one at some point.
I used a Simon Says Stamp die down the front of a white panel and taped red foil behind it.  I tried it with silver first to make it a little less "loud" but it just didn't look right.  I stamped an old Stampin' Up! greeting with black ink before putting the panel on the front of a white card using foam tape for a little dimension.

To me, sympathy cards need to be simple and understated.  I worry that the red might be a little 'too much'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)