Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2019

*AAA #149*

Welcome to another challenge with AAA Cards.... as always, we love to play with Clean and Simple cards... the more plain, unaltered space, the better!
For this challenge, we will be choosing one person who plays along with us to win a £15 gift certificate from Funky Fossil Designs!!  That person will also be invited to be a guest designer with us at a later date.

Our guest designer for this challenge is JOY... please go have a look at her blog!

I decided to do both the prompt and the optional twist for this challenge... so up to one third (using up to one third of the card) and an inlaid die.
I love this Simon Says Stamp Sensational Snowflake Collage die.  I cut out out the bottom of a white panel that was cut to fit the front of my card.  I then cut it out again using a dark blue shimmer cardstock.  I adhered the white cut out piece on to the front of my card and then placed the background cut out blue pieces in to the holes that were left on the white card.  I added the word JOY from the Poppy Stamps Art Deco Celebrate Christmas set, stamped in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.  I wanted to add some gems to the centres of the snowflakes but decided that it would be too much for such a clean and simple design.

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  dark blue shimmer; Neenah Solar White
*Stamps:  Poppy Stamps Art Deco Celebrate Christmas
*Inks:  VersaFine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Simon Says Stamp Sensational Snowflake Collage
*Tools:  Big Shot

3 comments:

  1. I just love that dusty blue colour and your choice of thinlits to be inlaid, Gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb design Nancy! Love those little snowflakes all in an uneven row, really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that SSS die and you have used it so beautifully here Nancy! Super card!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)