Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

*Lawn Fawn Flippin' Awesome*

With the new Lawn Fawn release, I found myself completely drawn to the Flippin' Awesome die. Honestly, I don't know why. I have made waterfall cards in the past with the use of a die (just good old math, a ruler and a scoring tool). I don't do a lot of interactive cards. But here I was, wanting that die set.

So I bought it. I tell you, I have no will power.

This is the very first card I made with the Flippin' Awesome set... there are things I can improve on, but still, I am happy with the results.
Lawn Fawn Flippin' Awesome dies with MFT Picture Perfect stamps
I started out by stamping out three images from the My Favorite Things Picture Perfect stamp set with Gina K Amalgam ink. I then coloured them with my Copics, doing the best I could to create some different shades.
I used the square die from the Flippin' Awesome set to cut out my three coloured panels and then got started on the waterfall mechanism.

If you head to YouTube and search for Lawn Fawn Flippin' Awesome you will find some great videos that will how you how easy it is to put this waterfall mechanism together on a card.
I used the scallop die from the Lawn Fawn Flippin' Awesome Add On die set to cut out the MFT Over the Rainbow patterned paper and also the little decorative pull tab. To finish off the card I used some sentiment stamps from the Lawn Fawn Simply Celebrate and the MFT Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings 2 sets with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.

I have a lot of ideas swimming around in my head about other images to use with this die set... with the Add On set I also have the tools to make this a gift card holder... I can see using that at Christmas!


I'd love to see what you create with this fun new set!

2 comments:

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)