Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2019

*AAA Cards #152*

Happy Sunday Everyone!  It's time for another challenge over at the AAA Cards blog.  For Challenge #152, we are playing with cards with "maxi white space" and the optional twist is "geometric"
Our guest designer for this challenge is Emily... go on over and have a look at her blog and her wonderful creations!  And once again, our sponsor this challenge is Uniko!  Be sure to check out what the design team has been up to and also link your card so you too can be eligible to be a guest designer for an upcoming challenge!  Remember that these challenges are for clean and simple cards which means a lot of empty unused space... and for this challenge we want you to stretch yourself on how much white space (blank space) you can leave on the card!

I had an idea in my head for the geometric twist and I am SO happy it turned out...
I started out with four different sized squares cut out of green cardstock.  I used a metal ruler and my craft knife to cut those squares in half, creating triangles.  I lined up the largest triangle on my grid paper and glued the next size smaller to the top of it... I did this with all four pieces to create each tree.  I cut out tree trunks from a scrap of brown cardstock (just with scissors) as well.  For the stars I cut a scrap of glitter paper using my Silhouette.  The bottom tree is adhered right to the front of the card and the top tree is adhered using foam tape.  The hardest part of this card was deciding where to put the sentiment... and I'm still not sure I made the right decision.  It would have been easier had I put the trees in the centre of the card.

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  white; Stampin' Up Gumball Green; scrap of brown; scrap of gold glitter
*Images:  Lawn Fawn Simply Winter Sentiments
*Ink:  Catherine Pooler Icing on the Cake
*Tools:  Big Shot; Silhouette
*Dies:  Memory Box Square Basics

3 comments:

  1. Super CAS Christmas card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever to use paper triangles for your geometric shape, I love the ingenuity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE your paper triangle trees!! This is GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)