Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

*CASology #354*

Welcome to another challenge on the CASology Blog!  This challenge is to use FOG as your inspiration.  A big thank you to our sponsor for this challenge... STAMPlorations!
I don't think I've ever made a Halloween card before.... and here I have made two in the last week LOL!  I had a tough time with this cue, and while I'm not thrilled with my creation, I think it turned out OK.
I started this card by taking a piece of black cardstock and lightly blending white pigment ink along the sides to create my "fog".  I left the very middle without ink.  I then mixed some Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust with water and picked it up with a paint brush and flicked it on the card to create a more eerie effect.

I stamped the ghost from the Essentials by Ellen Got Candy stamp set on white cardstock with Nocturne VersaFine Clair ink and cut it out with the matching die.  I also cut out the ghost shape from the black cardstock.  I attached black panel to the front of the white card with foam tape and then glued the ghost to the front of the white card ...  the ghost is inset and a layer lower than the black cardstock.

To finish off the card I stamped the word "boo" in the bottom corner of the black panel with the Nocturne ink.

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  white from my stash; Stampin' Up! Basic Black
*Images:  Essentials by Ellen Got Candy
*Ink:  Stampin' Up! Whisper White craft ink; Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  Essentials by Ellen Got Candy
*Tools:  Big Shot;
*Embellishments:  Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust
*Etc:  foam tape

Please head over to the CASology blog to see how the rest of the design team interpreted the FOG cue.  Also be sure to link your foggy creation for your chance to be a guest designed on a future challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)