Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2019

*Make Snow Angels*

I can not believe we are at the end of November already.  Life has truly flown by for me in the last 8 weeks or so.  I've been thrown a curve ball and I'm doing my best to roll with it.

On October 1st I saw my doctor with some discomfort I was feeling, October 2nd I had an ultrasound that showed a 12cm (4 3/4") mass on my left ovary.  Since then I've had some drs appointments, had surgery on October 25th to remove the mass and do a complete hysterectomy.  Sadly, tests confirmed that the mass is my colon cancer back again... Stage IV metastatic colon cancer to be exact.  On November 19th I met with my oncologist (the same one who treated me in 2017) and we formed a game plan.  On November 26th I had a port-o-cath inserted and on December 3rd I start my first round of Chemo.  I will be doing chemo in the hospital as well as taking it home with me for a few days and will be doing this every 2 weeks for 6 months.

I don't know what this will mean for my day to life, let alone card making.  I am busy scheduling posts for all of the cards I have done so far and will be here when I can to post some more.

I really and truly thought I had beaten colon cancer...  the only thing I know for sure is that colon cancer won't beat me!

So now that you're updated on my life at the moment, let's move on to the card.  I thought that sharing my news went well with this card as the sentiment is so much like "if life gives you lemons"... and I am doing my best to make lemonade (or snow angels).
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Solar Crest 110lb
*Inks:  Catherine Pooler Suede Shoes; Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Image:  Simon Says Stamp Frozen Fractals
*Tools:  Big Shot; Life Changing Blending Brushes; Pretty Pink Posh Whimsical Christmas Stencil
*Dies:  Simon Says Stamp Marie Snowflake
*Embellishments:  Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone

2 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of hugs, Nancy, and positive thoughts for the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)