Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

*Birthday Candles*

This card took *way* too long to put together.  I had an idea in my head to use my Silhouette to cut candles out of some of that great My Favourite Things patterned paper.  It took forever for me to get them sized to what I thought I wanted, and then I had a heck of a time getting my Silhouette to cut through the patterned paper (turns out something happened to the blade and it wasn't sticking out of the casing no matter what setting I had it at).  I changed my blade and then my paper wasn't sticking to the mat.  I swear I spent more than an hour just working on these darn candles!!!

But I had an idea in my head and I wanted to do it... I don't have candle dies and the candle stamps I had I didn't like.  So I stuck with it... and in the end, I wish the candles had been a little bigger.

I really need to play with my Silhouette more... learn more.... get better with it.
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White 110lb; Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight; gold glitter paper
*Patterned Paper:  MFT Birthday Brights
*Dies:  MFT Celebrate
*Tools:  Silhouette; Gemini Jr; Perfect Layers
*Etc:  Silhouette cut file

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)