Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

*MFT Picture Perfect*

I love this stamp set, but I have to admit, I don't love colouring....  I find colouring stressful.  I worry I'm doing it all wrong.  I have the basic ideas on how to shade but I have no idea if I'm doing it right.  I took Copic training at CHA (now Creatavation) many years ago but still came away feeling mostly lost.  I really should just try it more often....  let myself play.

And I guess that is what I did at a recent crop with my friend Bonnie.  I knew I wanted to play with this great sloth, so I stamped it up and started colouring with my Copics.

Is there something in your craft stash that scares you like colouring scares me?  I'd love to hear about it!
I started out stamping the image on a smaller white panel because we all know that Copic markers bleed through even the best cardstock.  I took my time colouring this little guy, trying my best to get some different shades in there.  I used my Perfect Layers tools to create that great 1/8" border around my main image with that lovely black and white striped cardstock (man I love that stuff!) and then put it all on to a white card base.  Lots of white space keeps this card with a larger image still rather clean and simple (which I think you know is my style by now!)

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White 110lb
*Patterned Paper:  MFT Black & White Stripes
*Images:  MFT Picture Perfect
*Ink:  Gina K Amalgam; Copics
*Tools:  Perfect Layers Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)