Pages

Monday, March 16, 2020

*MFT Birthday Blend*

I'm over on the Scrap 'n Stamp blog today with a card using some items from My Favorite Things.  I struggle with this stamp, but am pleased with how it turned out for this card.  It's one of those stamps that I just "had to have" when I first saw it.... but it honestly is sitting and collecting dust.  I'm glad I found an excuse to grab it from my bin to play with it.

It's a pretty straight forward card... I stamped the greeting in two different ink colours, using the second generation stamping technique right on to the front of a side fold card.  What I mean is that I stamped the A and P in happy with full strength ink and the H P and Y after stamping off the ink.  I added a strip of black behind the patterned paper that is along the side before adhering it to the card front.  A few pieces of bling and sequins and the card was done!
The art of a clean and simple card is leaving a good chunk of unaltered space on the front of your card... sometimes it's hard to walk away, leaving empty space... but it's worth it!

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White 110lb; Lawn Fawn Black Licorice
*Patterned Paper:  MFT Over The Rainbow
*Images:  MFT Happy Birthday Blend
*Ink:  Gina K Summer Ink Cubes
*Embellishments:  assorted bling and sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)