Pages

Monday, April 13, 2020

*Picket Fence Paper Glaze*

Today is a special day in our house, even with all that has been going on in the world lately.  Today, my oldest son turns 25!  I don't know how that happened.... I'm only in my 30s, right?  Sadly no....  the truth is he is almost half my age... I will turn 50 this summer.  So crazy!!!

I am on the Scrap n Stamp Blog today, playing with some brand new items in the shop!  I was so excited whey Raya brought these wonderful Paper Glazes in to the shop!  I had seen a video when they were first released and I knew I had to have at least some of them.  Perhaps I got 7 of them.... oops.
The new Picket Fence Studio Paper Glazes come in some wonderfully amazing colours.  They are a thinner consistency that say the Nuvo Glimmer Paste but can be used in a lot of great ways.  I have heard of people using them on Gelli Plates and in lots of mixed media work.  You can paint with them or use them with a stencil.  The clean up is simple... just some water and a bit of a scrub.  They have a very slight shimmer to them... nothing over the top.

For my card today, I used a Gina K Stencil and some beautiful glitter cardstock and I stencilled on top of the glitter cardstock.  Such a wonderful tone on tone look with some sparkle thrown in!  Usually when I use my stencils and paste I use a plastic palette knife... but I got one of the Ranger Craft Squeegees and let me tell you how much I LOVE it!!  Because it's rubbery it just seems to work with the Paper Glaze a little better.  I will be trying with my Nuvo Shimmer Paste as well.

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White 110lb; Gina K Onyx Black
*Paper:  Concord & 9th Summer Glitter Pack
*Images:  MFT Anything But Basic Friendship
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne
*Dies:  MFT Friend Duo
*Stencil:  Gina K Mandala Burst
*Etc:  Picket Fence Studios Paper Glaze in Ocean Poppy
*Tools:  Gemini Jr; Ranger Craft Squeegee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)