Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2020

*AAA#168*

Welcome to another challenge with AAACards!  We are all lovers of the clean and simple card style and love to see how other interpret our challenges!  This week, we have a $15 credit to be used at CASual Fridays up for grabs!  Just link up your card on the AAACard blog and one creator will be chosen to win the prize!

For the next two weeks, we want to see what you come up with using only ONE corner of your card front!  And if you'd like to, our optional twist to add to the card is to use masking.

I used masking to create some wonderful rainbow strips on this card...
I used Purple Tape to mask off the parts I didn't want to colour and then did colour blending with some Catherine Pooler inks to create the stripes.  Instead of being a perfectionist, I allowed the coloured stripes to be different widths.

I love this technique of laying down some colour and stamping an image over it.

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White 110lb; Stampin' Up! Purple Posy
*Images:  Paper Rose Daisy Bouquet; Studio Katia It's Your Birthday
*Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Catherine Pooler Pixie Dust, It's A Girl, Bellini, Limoncello, Mint to Be, It's a Boy
*Embellishments:  Studio Katia Sparkling Crystals
*Etc:  Purple Tape

I hope you'll play along with us!

3 comments:

  1. Super masking Nancy and I love all those pastel cotton candy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like ht edifferent sizes of strips, it adds interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful one layer card, Nancy! I love that you chose pastels for for your rainbow stripes and your flowers are so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)