Pages

Friday, June 11, 2021

*Dogs*

Hi all...  I'm here with another card for the Scrap 'n Stamp Canada Random Acts of Cardness.... today's prompt is DOGS.  There are a lot of fun animal stamps and dies out there and I had a lot to choose from when creating my card for today.

I decided to go out of my comfort zone and create a non-clean and simple card today.  And when I showed it to my good friend and to my sister, both said that they wouldn't have picked this card out as something I had made.  I'm not honestly sure if that's a good thing or not LOL!


I wanted to create my own patterned paper using some of the smaller images in the MFT New Best Friend stamp set, so I grabbed some inks (Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Kitsch Flamingo, Hickory Smoke, Twisted Citron and Salty Ocean) and started randomly stamping images on the cardstock.  Once I was happy with the result, I cut out a smaller panel using the MFT Stitched Rectangles die.  I struggled a bit with what to do next....  so I stamped up the little girl holding the puppy and coloured it with Copic markers before cutting it out with the matching die set.  I used the Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes to create a Kitsch Flamingo strip of cardstock and flicked water on it to create some interest.  I then cut a circle out of a scrap of brown cardstock and used foam tape to pop that die cut and coloured image on to the front of the card.

Like I said, this card is completely out of my comfort zone... what do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)